“Intention is one with cause and effect. Intention determines outcome. And if you are stuck and not moving forward, you have to check the thought and action that created the circumstance.”Oprah Winfrey
As I am starting my challenge this coming week, I thought that it would be a good idea to lay down my rules and intentions for the week going ahead as the foundations of this experiment. Afterall I do not believe that this is a challenge to take lightly, I need to carefully work out a set of rules and stick to them in order to succeed at this challenge, and ‘challenge’ is definitely the right word.
- The budget for the day must cover, travel to work (from is another story*), breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as any additional items I may require (snacks, medications, drinks, going out, etc.)
- I may utilise items that are in my cupboard or freezer that has been purchased in the weeks previous to me doing this experiment, but I will limit myself to only one item from the cupboard per day.
- I may utilise any leftover food that wasn’t eaten the night previous and find other ingenious ways to keep the daily budget costs down.
- Any money from the daily budget that hasn’t been spent will be collected, however, it will be saved for a ‘treat’ on the ultimate day of the experiment. It cannot be carried onto the following day.
- I must also complete 3 challenges, to which I will be letting my Twitter followers choose which challenges.
My intention with this challenge is to see whether a budget this extreme is doable in London, considering transportation to work as well as food and any other additional items that crop up unexpectedly that I may have the need to acquire.
Things I will be looking at will be:
- Are the methods of transportation sustainable?
- What is the quality and quantity of the food that I can afford like?
- What are my moods, energy and productivity levels like?
- What is the quality of my sleep like?
- Biggest challenges
- Biggest surprises
- Interesting things I hadn’t accounted for
If you’d like to follow me on this journey, then feel free to follow my blog posts or to keep an eye out for the hashtag #CharlotteCutsCosts and get involved in what challenges I participate in, as well as keeping up to date with everything I’m doing.